- This event has passed.
THE WORLD IN ONE PLACE: Global Challenges & Opportunities in Smart Cities
June 15, 2015 @ 8:00 am - June 19, 2015 @ 5:00 pm£336
GREAT British industry experience of sustainable urbanisation.
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) invites you to join the Grown in Britain GREAT Week Sustainability.
Hosted as part of the Milan Expo 2015, this week-long event will provide an outstanding opportunity to meet with major buyers, potential partners and substantial business prospects from around the world. Held once every five years, the Expo is the world’s largest exhibition, attracting over 20 million international visitors.
GREAT Week Sustainability will provide a unique platform for global business leaders to discuss the challenges of living in a sustainable urban environment and what it actually means to the citizen, the benefits of sustainability, and how the circular economy can support sustainable urbanisation. They will also provide a key overview of how the UK fits within the global industry and highlight existing opportunities in Italy.
• Lloyds of London on the world’s riskiest cities
• Arup on Italian project procurement
• John Davies, Director of Technology Partnerships at UKTI, on how he qualifies overseas opportunities
• All Party Parliamentary Group for Smart Cities on the UK smart cities landscape
• Stephen Hilton, Director of the Futures Group at Bristol City Council, on Bristol’s smart city success story
• Enel, Italy’s largest energy distributor, on how SMEs can enter its supply chain