- This event has passed.
Employment Law in the UAE – a “hot” topic
July 14, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Employment law issues and labour relations in the UAE and Middle East are now firmly on the radar of many international companies, irrespective of the sector in which they operate. Whether it is worker strikes, nationalisation policies, business immigration or social media restrictions, such issues are increasingly on the agenda for employment counsel and HR professionals within global organisations.
Who should attend:
- HR professionals
- In-house legal teams
- Senior business managers who have responsibility for existing operations in the UAE and Middle East region or are considering entering those markets.
The key issues which will be discussed are:
- Fundamentals – employment contracts, visa sponsorship and the legal regime
- Remuneration – pay, contractual incentives and statutory benefits
- Cost saving – redundancy, restructures and workforce management
- Nationalisation – policies, implementation and implications for employers
- Terminations – process, payments and risk
- Comparison – of the UK and UAE employment regimes. The good, the bad and the ugly….